Sunday, February 27, 2011

Pros and Cons on Some Companies

The principal of self respect pivots around the definition of acknowledging one's self.

That last line has nothing to do with the rest of this blog, except that it was saved as a draft and written during an attempt at trying to be poetic while in a bus ride at 1:30 in the morning. Stupid modified bus schedule.. I was waiting for that thing for about 40 minutes until it finally decided to show up.

There's a stolen bottle of Chipotle pepper sauce and that some lousy civils left for me on a desk sitting in front of me. I in turn decided not to throw it away, but instead kept it for it's useful qualities. It looks good sitting by my desktop next to my monitor. The item makes my room feel more Hispanic-like. They have good burritos I must say. It's a weekend, and now it's my turn to get sick. Although, I'm not very sick to say the least. It's just that my body got slightly feverish and my nose began running. I blame it on the windy weather I've been enjoying too much. Oh, and my lab partner Dianne.. I blame her somehow. That or Roberto's. Some advice, DON'T eat from the salad bar during late hours. Those foods have been drying in the air for so long, and since it's night time, don't expect much of it to be fresh. I've obtained the stomach flu once because of this. Not that Roberto's was proven to be the culprit, but the timing of the food consumption lines up.

My crap still hasn't come from robotshop.com. I ordered several servos and an infrared range finder back in early December and now it's almost March.. I'm giving them a really bad review on their back order policy, starting with this blog. DON'T buy an item from robotshop.com if it says it's on back order. They say it's x amount of weeks on average for them to get in a new order, but in my specific case, it's been almost a quarter of year for the sensor to come in. There are disadvantages to buying from reseller stores. The tracker number tells me my shipment reached Las Vegas a little over a day ago. It's Sunday today, government services don't deliver.. I think this is why UPS and FEDEX will always have the advantage.

So this Thursday I'm heading to Palms Spring for a SWE conference. Should be interesting. What I really like about it, is that we (the UNLV-SWE team) got it to be free. Thanks to a company known as UP (not UPS, but UP), a good amount of money was designated for SWE B074. We're now able to pay for hotel rooms, car rentals (they [UNLV] forced us to rent cars due to insurance purposes..), registration, and 1 tour for ~10 of our members). It's nice to be supported by industry. But seriously, it would have been cheaper without the rented vans. I'm starting to think that it's conventions that keep the car rental business in business. I'm sure they have lobbyists shaking hands with insurance lawyers to keep certain car rental/insurance laws in place or something.

So I bought a dietary supplement from Walgreens called "Wal-Born Plus". It's a generic brand set up to compete against Air Guard. The supplementary facts are the same, and not only was the pricing cheaper, but since they weren't selling well, Walgreens placed them on a 2 for 1 'special'. I bought two. Good stuff, but it doesn't taste much like orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment

(-_-)...