Monday, February 14, 2011

The Day After Valentines

So, for a fundraiser SWE sold roses to raise funds for pizza and stuff during the week of and prior to Valentines. It was okay. With every fake rose we made, each heart shaped cut made from paper, each green tape wrapped around a stick, I knew someone would smile at the sight of our designs. The rose,card, candy combo sold better in the engineering hall actually. They didn't sell so well in the Student Union. The place was packed with frat boys and at the same time we were competing with other vendors of valentine paraphernalia. But concerning frat boys, I don't like their kind much because: 1: they didn't react to the amazing puns I placed onto the cards, and 2: a couple of them stole my reserved table when I first arrived at MSU. Also, I don't think frat boys are very educated. There's just something about this side of campus that lacks the sort of intellectualism that the north end holds. Maybe this is because it's like comparing a science student to a student in business. In fact, it was exactly that. Needless to say, our cards sold VERY well in the engineering hall.

In the days proceeding the aforementioned fundraiser, we were making these cards. A dedicated team of card makers and I worked many hours like unpaid Christmas elves slaving over the creation of a product we believed would make the world happier.. At least for a day. The working conditions were, dangerous. Paper cuts were made, people ran with scissors in their hands, and glitter attacked every piece of body part it could get its hands on. Glitter has hands by the way* Some of us needed to take supplies home with us so we could finish up the quotas we had set up for ourselves. On one particular night, my mother walks in on me in a room literally littered with hundreds of hearts and me covered in glitter. She slowly walked away backwards closing the door, questioning my masculinity. (It's not what it looks like! [echo effect])

No comments:

Post a Comment

(-_-)...