Saturday, February 11, 2012

Unflitered Thoughts

It's 4:01, and the first sip of coffee has entered mouth.
I'm getting philosophical right now. I think, the mind is trained to react to the caffine like this. I'm so inspired! Also, turns out, I don't have 4 exams next week. Just two, so the load just got off my shoulder, but it's a good thing too because it reveals to me just how nervous and uncomfortable I am about two of those exams in particular.
4:02
Okay so, the mind is conscience right? And most would define consciousness as being self awareness. I'm recalling a conversation I had with Derick over at a buffet a couple months back. We were talking about mediums of consciousness, how, in us humans, it's the organic brain and how the mechanism for consciousness is the neuron impulses subjected to it every millionth of a second.
4:03
 Now, that medium could be anything, a computer, an animal, plant, virus. We diverged into a conversation of self sustaining mediums, and reckoned if that's how a god could exist. What if god, or "G"od was a sort of 4th dimensional consciousness existing through a self sustaining medium?
4:06
It isn't something entirely new, it's just all this thinking about photons and radiation. Light, for example is nothing more than a variety of electromagnetic radiation with it's properties being delivered through the two "kinds" of interacting waves. It's a mathematical phenomenal, yet one we're able to graph and calculate it to a level of certainty. In the same context that we can theoretically create a computer out of nothing but water pipes, what if somewhere, in the biology of existence such a "conscience" came to be? It's a plausibility that at somepoint in the noise of chaos, a god might actually exist.
4:10
Consider the fact that are known universe is sifnicantly bigger than..
4:11
Okay, not a valid argument. But, coming back to the point of this. Being self-aware is a vague area. I was looking at the treeoflife website and noticed how they put dashes "---" on the virus taxon. They're not self repulicating, they're not "organisms", they're not "alive", but they're able to exist, and act based on the chemical interactions they're coded for.
4:14
Humm.. that would imply there was a purpose. By coded for I mean, well, chemical interactions really: the potential for electron transfer. Okay, "coded for." A virus is just as conscience as a computer. A computer is potentially another type of primitive life form. I would also argue that a computer was intelligently design, thanks to the wonderful engineers over at IBM.
4:17
And then how would we define being self aware? A simple definition usually comes by the question, "know I exist?" I'm sure a virus doesn't ask itself that. Conscienss through an electrical-semi-conducting medium a.k.a com-put-ter, is almost like creating life, or something living. Life, is defined in biology with a certain list of attributes. Being able to reproduce, etc. etc. I think such definitions as these are conservative and need to be relooked at. These.. axioms, are too restrictive. In fact, they're not MY axioms. Someone else just made them up, and I'm wondering why we continue to silently agree with them. Let's rethink our axioms, except for when they show up on exams... =[
4:21
I just did a google search on "virus vs computer" and did not get what I was expecting.
4:22
This is something worth looking into more. I think the proper phrase is, "..certainly, something worth further investigation."
-jbf





No comments:

Post a Comment

(-_-)...